Dim sum, and other English words of Chinese origin

Dim sum — what people in Japan call 点心 (and 飲茶) — is a staple of Chinese restaurants in English-speaking countries.

What are some other names of dishes you’ll find if you go to a Chinese restaurant?

Find out in this blog post from Oxford Dictionaries, and then write about the differences in names, and in what is a staple, at Chinese restaurants in Japan.

Having a yen for dim sum this Chinese New Year


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s