My dad sent me a short article this morning, with the comment:
“Good reason to wear a mask. You guys over there have figured this out long ago.”
Here’s the article:
And here’s an article from Tofugu (it’s a couple of years old, but still has some good talking points):
- Do you wear masks? When? Why?
- Have you ever worn one in another country? What kind of reaction did you get?
- What do you think about the answers provided in the Tofugu article?
- Do you have friends or acquaintances from countries where wearing masks is not part of the culture? Have they adapted to this custom in Japan?
- On the other hand, do you know Japanese people who don’t follow this custom?