… try, try again. 失敗は成功のもと.
Another saying that’s relevant here: “Necessity is the mother of invention” — the problem with the first iteration of this invention was that nobody needed it.
Read more at NPR: “After A Failed Launch, Smart Shoe Benefits From A Reboot”
And find out more about SolePower
Debate and discussion questions / writing prompts:
- Would you like to have shoes that charge your phone as you walk?
- Would you be more interested if they came in other styles than work boots?
- How much would you be willing to pay for shoes like this?
- What ways can you imagine this “find me!” (like the “find my phone” app) technology might be useful?
- But isn’t this just one more way our privacy is being breached?
- What other kinds of technology would you like to have in your shoes?