- Choose a TED Talk from the TED site or the TED-Ed site or one of the apps I introduced in the spring term. There’s also a list of some of my favorites on the Topics site.
- If you need to, watch the talk in Japanese first, to give you an idea about the content.
- Watch the talk in English, using English subtitles and/or the interactive transcript. Take notes about the content in your portfolio.
- Use your notes to explain what the talk is about.
- Write about what the talk made you think about.
- If you have extra space on your page, ask questions about the content or the language, or focus on some of the key vocabulary.
↓ Here’s an example ↓
As an alternative for this task, you could write your own TED-style talk! (Instead of listening to one and talking about it, make your own.)