The TED I like to introduce first:
And so, your challenge is to try to watch one TED Talk every day for 30 days…
10 12 TED Talks:
- Ken Robinson’s talks: “How to escape education’s death valley“, “Schools kill creativity“, “Bring on the learning revolution!” and “Changing education paradigms”
- Ben Dunlap: The life-long learner
- Kid President: I think we all need a pep talk
- Pranav Mistry: The thrilling potential of SixthSense technology
- Chimamanda Adichie: The danger of a single story
- Sugata Mitra: The child-driven education (and his other talks)
- William Kamkwamba: How I harnessed the wind
- Kiran Bir Sethi teaches kids to take charge
- Salman Khan: Let’s use video to reinvent education
- Raghava KK: Shake up your story
- Peter Norvig: The 100,000 student classroom
- Takaharu Tezuka: The best kindergarten you’ve ever seen
- Shigeru Ban: Emergency shelters made from paper (One of the few TED Talks by a Japanese speaker!)
- Derek Sivers: How to start a movement
- Julian Treasure: 5 ways to listen better
- Arthur Benjamin: Teach statistics before calculus!
- Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids
- Jamie Oliver’s TED Prize wish: Teach every child about food
- Aleph Molinari: Let’s bridge the digital divide
- Hans Rosling: Stats that reshape your worldview
- David McCandless: The beauty of data visualization
- Alisa Miller: The news about the news
- ShaoLan: Learn to read Chinese … with ease!
- Amanda Palmer: The art of asking
- Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are
- Jane Chen: A warm embrace that saves lives
- Graham Hill: Why I’m a weekday vegetarian and Less stuff, more happiness
And of course…
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: Flow, the secret to happiness (I don’t think it’s a great Talk, but it reminds me of grad school … “chick sent me high”).
A list of TED Talks by students, for students (March 2017)
Research & Discussion Project Ideas
What can we learn from these ideas? How can we use these ideas to create a brighter future?
TEDs that may help you get started:
- North Korea: What can we do? –> Hyeonseo Lee: “My escape from North Korea”
- Japan’s Aging Society: Yes, we know it’s a problem, but what can we do about it? -> Judy MacDonald: “Prepare for a good end of life”
- Japan’s English education system needs to be updated. Why and how?
- Japan’s future is in your hands. What are you going to do to help make it a better country?
- Where are all of Japan’s women leaders? -> Sheryl Sandberg: Why we have too few women leaders
- Save or Spend? Spend on what?
- Green energy? Nuclear energy? What about behavioural changes? -> Alex Laskey: How behavioural science can lower your energy bill
- What will we do when the next Big One hits?
- Do we need a new business model? -> Amanda Palmer: The art of asking
- All lawyers and politicians should watch this! -> Alan Siegel: Let’s simplify legal jargon